Grays Hill Baptist Church
Friday, March 07, 2014
2749 Trask Parkway Beaufort, SC 29906
The Bread of Life
John 6: 22-59
1. Jesus always spoke words that people could understand.
2. His communication always had purpose.
3. His message of salvation is free to anyone who will accept it.
4. Jesus is the Bread of Life.
5. Is He "my" Bread of Life?
"I have come that they might have life and have it more abundantly." John 10:10
My Spirit Renewed
Nehemiah Chapters 8 & 9
1. The Word of God is central for renewal
2. The people gave their undivided attention (Verse 3)
3. The Holy Spirit moved (Verse 5)
4. The people confessed their sin to God (Chapter 9: 1-5)
5. The power of God was evidenced by their surrender (Chapter 8: 13-18)
When we surrender first place in our lives to God, great things will happen.
Sermons are recorded and CDs can be made available for individuals to listen to the entire sermon.
What does the Fish symbol mean?
You may wonder why you see so many fish symbols on cars and trucks these days. Well, the fish is a Christian symbol which got it's origin after Jesus was ascended into Heaven. The new Christians were being persecuted and even put to horrible deaths because of their faith. The story goes that they devised a way to secretly signal other Christians or, if just meeting someone, to find out if that person were also a believer by simply taking their foot and casually drawing an arc with their toe on the ground. Then, if the other person was a Christian, he, just as causally, would draw an ark with his toe to complete the fish. Now, they could speak to each other about their faith and pass along information without fear. Additionally, Jesus has asked His followers (Christians) to be fishers of men. So the fish is a proud symbol of who we are.